Dr. Brian J. Waggle is proud to offer gum and bone treatment in Zanesville, Ohio. Some reasons why our dentist may treat your bones or gums include:
- Lowering or straightening the gum line
- Correcting the frenulum in the upper or lower lip or the tongue
- Treating gingivitis and preventing the loss of permanent teeth
- Performing a biopsy or exam for oral cancer
- Dental Crown Lengthening
- Periodontal Disease Treatment (Scaling & Root Planing)
- VELscope® Oral Cancer Exams & Biopsies
Changing the gum line is mainly performed to improve the appearance of your smile. However, our other gum and bone treatments help improve the health and functionality of your smile. Correcting the frenulum allows the patient to speak properly and prevents tooth misalignment. In infants, frenulum correction allows the infant to breastfeed properly. Treating gingivitis eradicates infections that attack the gums and bone that surround and support your teeth. This will protect you from tooth loss.
Feel free to contact Northpointe Dental at 740-454-6644 today to learn more and to schedule your next visit.