A better smile begins with a better brush. Not just how you brush your teeth and gums, but what type of brush you are using. If your brush is not the right size, it may be missing areas of your mouth where plaque can build up and eventually lead to tooth decay. The more you do to protect your teeth and gums, the better they can serve you this holiday season, and many more years to come.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Northpointe Dental every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Brian J. Waggle, please call us at 740-454-6644, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Zanesville, Ohio. We are here to help you and your smile!